*** FIELD TRIP WEEK ***
⏰ Be on time to class so you don’t get left behind! ⏰
Keep sharing your insights/discoveries/connections from everything you’re learning.
Remember to write some of these things down on your HW Checklist!
2. PERSONAL STUDY
What’s one of the highlights from your scripture reading this week? And why?
Tell us which concepts you are practicing in math – how is it going for you?
*No reading this week because of our field trip, but if you want to get a head start…
Science: Usborne Encyclopedia of Science, pgs 347 & 351
- Watch at least 2 videos on any of the topics from that selection of pages
- Usborne Quicklinks site: Science
Philosophy for Kids: Questions #35, #36, #37, #38 (pgs 108-118)
- Remember to write down your favorite parts in your notebook!
4. DEBATE PROJECT PROGRESS
Fill out your Debate Plan Worksheet from your packet, if you still haven’t!
You want 3-5 solid arguments about your debate topic.
Get more familiar with the list of Logical Fallacies from your packet and check your statements for any fallacies.
- Here is the MASTER LIST of fallacies
- “Fallacies are fake or deceptive arguments, arguments that prove nothing. Fallacies often seem superficially sound, and they far too often retain immense persuasive power even after being clearly exposed as false. Fallacies are not always deliberate, but a good scholar’s purpose is always to identify and unmask fallacies in arguments.”
5. ELECTIVE RESOURCE LIST
Have you chosen your electives yet?
Choose at least 2 options from the list:
- Electives Resource List (or use the link up in the right corner of this website)
“The only thing constant is change.”
Is it always the strongest that survives?
Or the most intellectual of the species that survives?
What about the one that is best able to adapt and adjust to its environment?
Here are some funny examples humans meddling in adaptation/variation in nature: